The American Dental Association and Creason & Weber Family Dentistry recommend that you have regular dental visits every 6 months, but have you ever wondered why that is? It’s because regular dental visits are essential to keeping your teeth and gums healthy and minimizing any problems that may arise in the future. A regular dental visit includes an examination, cleaning, and evaluating any potential risks to your overall health. They will also check for any signs of damage, decay, or disease and will fix any minor problems before they get out of hand.
Here’s what to expect at a regular dental visit to Creason & Weber Family Dentistry:
- Check overall oral health for potential problem areas
- Look for cavities, plaque, and tartar buildup
- Examine the gums and look for signs of gum disease
- Check your bite and the contact between your teeth
- Try to spot areas of possible tooth decay
- Check for broken teeth, damaged fillings
- Evaluate any changes from your last visit
- Take x-rays, if needed
- Examine the cleanliness of your teeth and gums
- Remove any plaque or tartar build up
- Polish teeth with gritty toothpaste to remove any surface stains
- Review at home dental care
It is important to keep up on your oral health between your regular dental visits, too. You can help curb any problems, increase your overall health, and even cut down on chair time at the dentist by brushing twice a day, flossing at least once a day, and making sure to rinse or use mouthwash after every meal.
Don’t have your next dental visit scheduled? Request your next appointment online or contact Creason & Weber Family Dentistry at (616) 842-0822 to set one up. We are currently accepting new patients!